Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gators Rout Toothless 'Dogs

As the Great One used to say..."How sweet it is..."
The marvelous plays, the coolness of Meyer as he saved his timeouts til the end, then rubbed it in Richt's face by stopping the clock twice... too much to bear. I believe that is now officially called "the timeout celebration." That game was like Firefly--I could watch it over and over again every day.
For those who missed it, especially Spikes first hit on Moreno, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOmokTW-Jog

What a nightmare for the UGA-ly Bulldogs. Dressed in red and black, leftovers from Halloween, they were humiliated. To be honest, they did it to themselves, but it was still tremendous fun to watch. Here is Joe Haden returning his interception 88 yards to the 1 yard line...he should have scored, but he ran out of gas at the end (like we don't all know what that's like!)


I couldn't find a picture of Ahmad Black's interception, but big props for the Lakeland guys. If he had faked right and cut left in front of Stafford, he'd have scored.

I suppose this says it all...


Ah, Halloween

We had such pretties for the annual All Hallows Eve festival, per attached. It's a little known fact that the custom of trick-or-treating was invented by the Democrats, to get children used to the basic tenet of getting something for nothing from big people (read, government). You can confirm this fact by observing Nancy Pelosi--I defy you to tell me that's not a costume. Still, I wish I could have been there with the "little ones." Hey, B&L, your title has been transferred!


This is, of course, Curious Pierce. I expect his daddy was proud, but fear he will never live down that outfit !


And these little things are as cute as ....well, you know the rest. Congrats on the imagination, there, Mom and Dad.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I especially enjoyed the "jersey slingshot" move that Murphy put on Allen for the TD.

Scarier for the SEC, the Gators are young. We'll lose Tartt, Trautwein, Moore, Ingraham, and Murphy.

But the rest of the team (theoretically) could play in 09.

I know Spikes and Harvin might leave early (Harvin is top 5 pick guaranteed), but I sure hope Urban can convince the underclass to return.

Grrpa said...

Amen, brother...I mean, son.

LAss said...

I welcome your input on future Halloween costumes. Here are just a few guidelines, though:
-It can't be too hot, because LA is still warm in October
-It can't be too cold, because it gets chilly at night and what's the point of having a costume if you are just going to cover it up anyway?
-You have to buy it early enough in September when costumes are still available, but in a size that you hope will still fit in another month.
-It can't have anything that will poke, scratch, constrict, choke or otherwise irritate a 9 month old.
-And try paying less than $80 each.

I look forward to you doing the legwork next year...

Grrpa said...

No, no... you misapprehend. When one has a reputation for sarcasm, it is hard to get the tone of the email just right. I actually meant that comment as a compliment on the imaginative costume(s). Sheesh.