Sunday, May 17, 2009

Next Snow Event

Am still considering a trip to Chile in August.... I have been excited about the possibility for quite a while. My last trip before hitting 60--and to a virgin locale. Even got My Spanish Coach for the DS, to assist me in the goal of becoming quasi-lingual. I checked into places to go and found a few, one that looked very interesting and not too expensive (as they go).




Here is Valle Nevado...awesome... The landscape is described as "lunar."










This is Portillo, a famous area down there






And Termas de Chillan...what's not to like about this?
Notice the fruit....

The down side popped up looking at flights to Santiago. About $800 from Tampa (going through Atlanta) and a 12 hour trip... and that's the good one. Haven't ruled it out yet, but am reeling, and may fall back to a possible Tampa Bay Ski Club excursion planned for September, if it's still available. The truth is, I should make a decision pretty quick while I still have options. The initial plan was for a stag trip for anyone interested, but that is sort of flexible at this point (especially since at least two of my daughters speak Spanish well). We shall see....

Adios,

1 comment:

Aunt LaLa said...

I don't think it was the fruit you were noticing:)