Monday, January 30, 2012

Utah - OK, I'm Here, How About a Break

OMG, what a horrible night's sleep (from Sunday)! A spot on my left leg was cramping so badly I thought I would wake up. I couldn't get it to go away, no matter what I tried. I rubbed it, I stretched it, I cursed it--not easy to do while sleeping--but nothing. Then I tried pointing my toes, which is always an invitation to a calf cramp, and, strangely, got enough relief to go back to my normal deep sleep. I'm not sure I brought enough Advil for this trip!

Finally woke up (damn alarms!) around 11. It was supposed to be snowing today (we hope for it every day), but it didn’t. I felt pretty queasy, so I decided to take the day off and do a little work. Emails, phone calls, the usual; I would have had to do it one day, so today was fine. I couldn't tell if it was AltSickSynd or sheer exhaustion, but I wasn’t going anywhere. Went shopping later in the day and found a little pub that served Newcastle. What a relief! The Fresh Market here is not at all like the one in Jacksonville. It's a lot like every other food market out here, especially City Market. Found a neat UnderArmour Cold Weather shirt at the local Sports Authority, but it was the wrong size. Not to be deterred, I spent a few hours finding it online and ordering one. So there! To bed at 2 AM not the best way to get ready for a full day…but it's my nature I suppose.


No comments: