Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Out with the old, in with the new....but enough about the election. It's New Year's and a fresh start for everyone. Remember that no person is granted any more time than any other person. We all get the same 24 hours each day. It's what we do with those minutes that counts.

Me .... I'm using my minutes for sleepin'....

Well, here we are into January. What the hell happened to Christmas, you might ask. But you might ask it more graciously than that. Christmas is like a river--ooh, yeah, Sarah song...cool--it comes flowing by and then it's gone. (It can be cold, too, like a river, especially in North Carolina...but I digress.) Jane and I had a lovely Christmas this year, with a gathering of the Lakeland clan Christmas Eve and the traditional exchanging of gifts. Then we flew to Atlanta for another celebration with the Stockton/Loescher/Schwartz clans and the pitter patter of baby feets. Pierce and the twins were the center of attention most of our stay, though everybody got some cool stuff from Santa. What a great old dude! We also had a rousing Foosball tournament, though informal. I would say I won, but it doesn't matter because no one was keeping track (except me).

Christmas is such a family time...I hope we can extend the holiday spirit to February and get along as well when we have a week together. Looking forward to the Big Sky!

Got to go run now to get in shape. Can't have any of the whippersnappers gettin' ahead of me on the slopes--I have my image to uphold.

Oh, yeah, will post some pictures of Christmas when some other family members share them. My camera was DOA, and I am without photos. Whoa...what's a year end without the Bumper Sticker of the Year? The most appropriate one I have is
Vote Democrat - it's easier than working!

1 comment:

Aunt LaLa said...

I have no photos either! #1 has them and she is supposed to send them out soon. Can't wait for BIG SKY!