Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Again

What a strange time this is, every year. Last night was All Hallows Eve, when folks far and wide dress up in odd garb to ward off evil spirits, and people give gifts to strangers to do the same. I am amazed that, in a predominanly Christian nation such as ours, these pagan rituals are allowed to continue, indeed to flourish. Maybe this outpouring of simulated evil has its purpose as a purgative for the other side of human nature. And there's profit in the candy.

RIP: Lest we forget, Grossi died 5 years ago today, on All Saints' Day, the ultimate irony of her life.

Pics of the little Stockton progeny all dressed up:







Laura, please send me one of you, if you dressed for your party.

Brant? Shell?

Only 53 shopping days until Christmas....

1 comment:

Aunt LaLa said...

I don't have any...:( I think my date may have taken one. I'll ask him if he ever calls me again.