Sunday, February 8, 2009

Vacation - Second Sunday

Ah, yet another Sunday to enjoy. Brant and I went out, not so early, but before noon. Had some fun runs in the remains of the powder, especially on Bighorn. A beautiful day--bluebird skies, warm enough to be comfortable...and, as usual, Lone Peak dominated the skyline. I hadn't seen this view before (we were on a different lift than customary)....



Everyone else was settling in...Pete and Tracy were hanging out, Laura watched the girls, and Brian and Andrea went out to the Explorer lift for a little shredding. Brant and I managed to meet them for the last few runs, and had a great time.



Laura had been baking a cake all day, and Pierce was helping with the frosting (as children are wont to do). I had no clue that the celebration was an early one for my birthday. The trip, after all, was partly an early birthday event. To my utter amazement, the kids came up from the lower level singing Happy Birthday, and all wearing special shirts for the occasion.



spacer

Group Photo



spacer















The front logo says "Shredding at Sixty"

and the back says:



For the first time in a very long while, I was speechless. Happy Birthday indeed!

No comments: