Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vacation - Timeout Thursday

Not sure why I chose today to take a day off, but I did. I got started on emails and work upon awakening, so that might have been it. My legs were like rubber...that could be the reason. Or my knee feelin' smartass with me. There's always the 3 blisters on each ankle that decided to pop all at once. There are so many possible causes. But I did take the day off, and that's what counts.

More work done today than most days at home. Still lots to do, so I may take another day off next week too. Other lesser things that soaked up time were:
(1) futzing with my MP3 players to get a kickin' playlist for tomorrow and beyond. I like to have uptempo stuff in the morning when I need the encouragement (Shredhard), and more mellow stuff in the afternoon when I should be taking it easy (Shredsoft). But with 4 players (not counting both phones) it gets complicated. Got to figure out which is the easiest to fill up--I think I want to mix and match some new stuff as well. Hoo-hah.
(2) Lunch. Always a good idea.
(3) Sledding down the driveway and, ultimately, the road in front of the house. Somewhat fun, but not as much as boarding. The little kids had a ball though. Here's what it looked like (mostly):


And here's one of what the neighborhood looks like:


Supposed to snow tomorrow....here's hoping.

No comments: